One World at a Time
Henry Thoreau’s funeral was held in the First Parish Sanctuary on May 9, 1862. Join us to mark the 150th anniversary of that event and to celebrate the legacy of Henry David Thoreau.
- “Thoreau and Springtime: Discovering the Eternal in Walden,” a reflection by Michael Frederick, Executive Director of The Thoreau Society.
- Dramatic readings based on memorable words spoken by, to, and about Henry Thoreau.
- One World at a Time: The Last Days of Henry Thoreau
- The Funeral
- Remembering Henry Thoreau
- Period music by Dillon Bustin, Artistic Director of Hibernian Hall, Boston.
- Reception at the Wright Tavern.
- A guided walk to the Thoreau Family gravesite at Sleepy Hollow, led by Concord Historian, Richard Smith. Participants are invited to bring along favorite Thoreau quotes to share at the gravesite.
First Parish in Concord
20 Lexington Road
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Co-sponsored by: Transcendentalism Council of First Parish in Concord
The Thoreau Society
Thoreau Farm Trust
The Walden Woods Project